Abby had a week long summer camp at the Historic Grooms Tavern. They did crafts, played games, and just had fun for 3 hours. She loved it! She asked when she could do it again.
Of course Katie had to get a picture with her in it too.
We had water balloon fights this summer with the neighbors. Everyone enjoyed popping a balloon on their own heads though.
Abby was invited to Ethan's 6th birthday. They first went bowling, then had pizza and then cake!
After that the kids did bumper cars and played in a room where you could shoot balls at each other. Then they even got coins to play in the arcade. Abby won a bouncy ball so she won one for Katie too. She is so thoughtful! The kids had so much fun.
Granny and Grandpa VanDerwerken have a bike at their house that Abby can ride. She loves it and of course wants one for Christmas.
We were invited up to the Stevenson's camp for a day. The kids played in the sand, swam/floated and kayaked with daddy. Abby was too scared to go at first so Katie went.
Katie loved it and didn't want to come back to shore.
Johanna was so good to play with the girls in the sand and water.
Abby had to show off her swimming skills.
They also lounged in the hammock after dinner.
The girls and I went up again during the week and Tommy helped Abby fish. He put her line in the water and after a minute she says, "This is boring. Where's the fish?" Haha, I guess fishing isn't her thing.
Katie had fun holding the fishing rod as well.
Abby and I went on a mommy/daughter date to the nail salon. She got her toes and nails painted. She felt like a woman and asked when we could go again.
We also went to Bowmans Orchards and picked raspberries. The girls had fun picking and Katie got filthy. Those raspberries are really good on homemade buttermilk pancakes with whipped cream!
I got the girls some Apple cider donuts after and Katie gobbled hers right up.
John and I went down to the City for an overnight trip. Our friends, the Wilks, had 2 extra tickets to 2 Yankee games so of course we couldn't pass that up! They played the Angels and we won both games! We went to a Monday night game, stayed in a hotel, went to the Museum of Natural History, ate at the Shake Shack then went to the game again.
We had never been to the Museum of Natural History so it was really neat. Of course we started on the 4th floor with the dinosaurs and John LOVED them. After that everything else wasn't as great.
We had so much fun at the games. We got different food every night (the nachos were the best I've ever had!) and had fun talking to the Wilks. We even got to know the usher and she told me I need to have another baby to try for a boy! I laughed and said I needed to get through this pregnancy first!
Oh we also fit in a trip to the track that following weekend.
We had a great summer and know this little baby girls will be the best ending to the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment