To prepare for our new baby, we got bunk beds for the girls! Katie is so excited to sleep in her new bed. I put together the bunk bed in 1 and 1/2 hours and then we went shopping for their bedding. The girls picked it out so we had no problem transitioning to this new arrangement. Katie slept in her new bed and room just fine. We put a gate in front of their door so Katie couldn't get out and let them stay up and play as long as they wanted. Finally by 10:30 we didn't hear the pitter-patter of little feet and sure enough they had fallen asleep in their own beds. It's been a work in progress by they are finally going to sleep earlier and the novelty has worn off.
The minute I finished making her bed, Katie climbed on and laid claim to her spot.
Abby is so happy to have the top. She keeps saying that when Katie is bigger she can have the top sometimes.
My little girls are such good helpers. They love to cook with their mommy.
We made breakfast in bed for daddy for Father's Day. He loved every thing and even shared some with the 2 vultures at his side.
We've been getting fresh veggies from a stand on the side of the road and Katie and discovered that corn on the cob is the best! She loves it and will even try to eat it before I cook it.
John turned 31 this year! I can't believe how much time had flown by. I made him a strawberry pie of course. He is so amazing and doing so well at work. He still plays basketball all the time and does some running with friends. He still looks the same from the day I married him but I love him more each day!
On our walks, the girls stop and pick flowers. They love to collect flowers to show daddy when he gets home. Abby even told me she was picking flowers for her wedding to Daddy. She is too funny!
We have so much fun playing in the backyard. The swing I bought is definitely getting it's usage.
Katie turned 2 this month! We had a family get together and then a dinner with just us.
Katie loved her strawberry cupcakes! I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast. She still doesn't talk at all but she communicates just fine without words. She is still so snuggly and delicious. Her cheeks are the best and I can't stop kissing her. She agrees with her big sister most of the time and is the best sharer. At her 2 year appointment she weighed 24 lbs. and was 33 1/2 inches tall. I couldn't imagine life without our little Katie!
For John's birthday he got a painting that he has wanted for a while now. We love the horses at the Saratoga Track and since we live here now it seemed appropriate to have one. It is beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment