Wednesday, November 17, 2010

An Embarrassing Moment

I've been meaning to blog about this so I guess it's time. About a week and a half ago, we went to the Outlets as a family to browse and get Abby some cute pants (which we did by the way). So we are done shopping, John is loading the bags in the trunk and I'm putting Abby in her car seat. I close the door, John closes the trunk and we hear the car lock. I look inside and yepp! I left the keys by Abby's carseat and she is grinning ear to ear with her accomplishment of locking us out and her in. So John and I spend the next 5 minutes tapping on the window and telling her to push ALL the buttons and hoping she hits the unlock button. The lock button is the most fun because it makes a beeping sound so that is all Abby will hit. John calls a friend to go grab the spare key and bring it to us. I'm still trying to get Abby to unlock the doors. Abby gets frustrated and throws the key so that possible opportunity goes out the window. Luckily, Abby has her blanket on her lap so she is happy sucking her thumb and laughing at silly Mommy and Daddy doing dances outside the window. Then comes the BIG WAMMY... her blanket falls the the ground. This makes Abby unhappy so I'm doing jumping jacks and twirls in the parking lot trying to keep Abby from sobbing hysterically (she's still sobbing and reaching for me) while people are looking at me like I'm the craziest person in the world! Finally, our wonderful friend (Jeremy, thank you again) brings us the keys and we save Abby from her prison.

So I instead of dwelling on the negative, I will think of the positive.
  • It was 55 degrees outside so Abby wasn't hot in the car.
  • This is the first time this has happened and hopefully the last.
  • Abby was happy for about 3/4 of the time.
  • I'm sure lots of people have stories similar to this they would love to share.
Here are some recent pictures of Abby. She loves beans and tortillas! Yesterday Abby ate an entire bean burrito from Taco Bell. I think she will take after me in the eating department.

Abby upset because I won't let her be the photographer.


Whenever I wear my sunglass, Abby has to match. She likes to play it cool.



I love the pigtails. I can't get enough of them. I even curled the ends!

Abby loves to have John read her books. Before bedtime, Abby brings John at least 5 books to read.


Abby helps me with the chores. She already knows where all the dishes and utensils go and today she helped me dust.


She absolutely loved it. I had to keep coming up with places for her to dust.


I am just so thankful for a sweet wonderful daughter!

2 comments:

Julie W said...

She is soo sweet! And yes, you are right, locking your kids in the car or your house happens all the time!

Mindi said...

Isn't it crazy how fast they grow up? We miss you guys. Thanks for updating! I will call you sometime soon.