Friday, July 20, 2012

Boston with the Rays

We went to Boston with our friends the Ray's from June 28th through July 1st. We had so much fun with them. The first day we took a Food Tour of the Freedom Trail. If you are ever going to take a tour of Boston, definitely do a Food Tour! We had the best Lobster Bisque soup I have ever had. I learned that lobster was so abundant in the beginning that it was fed to the slaves 5 nights a week. Now it is a delicacy! Then we had delicious Boston Cream Pie cupcakes. We sampled some olive oil and balsamic vinegar from a specialty Italian shop. Next we had fried cheese and rice balls and fried potato and cheese balls. Last, cannollis from Maria's Pastry. If you are ever in Boston, please go to Maria's Pastry!!! Of course we checked out Paul Revere's house and The Old North Church. We also took a tour of the crypt below the church and the bell tower. That was very neat. Of course we ate in Little Italy every night. If I ever lived in Boston, I would live in Little Italy.
The next day we started our day at Harvard. We walked around the Ivy League and rubbed John Harvard's shoe. It is a beautiful campus and is so stately. We then walked around Boston and did more Fanneiul Hall and Quincy Market browsing. We also bought some clothes and shoes then went to... Little Italy of course! I could eat cannollis at every meal. We had some cannollis from Mike's Pastry and walked around Little Italy again. If you ever get the chance to go to Boston, enjoy the history, the food and the people!
 























No comments: