Saturday, March 31, 2012

3 year old check up

Abigail had her 3 year check up a few days after her birthday. She was perfectly fine in the beginning. She got her weight and height, 30 lbs and 37 inches. Her eye sight was checked for the first time or at least it was tempted. She got too antsy and we only got both eyes open, 1 eye done but they said it was okay. So then she got to put a doctors gown on which she thought was rather cool. The doctor took FOREVER to come in but we spent out time playing hide and seek and looking at all the different pictures in the room. Then finally the doctor came in and checked her out and she looks great! Of course I already knew this but now comes the hard part....
THE SHOT and IRON TEST.
So I got Abby dressed and the nurse came in to give her a Chicken Pox Booster and take some blood to check for Iron deficiency. I have been holding Katie this whole time so I attempt to hold Abby as well while she gets her finger pricked. I'm trying to hold her down while the nurse is squeezing Abby's finger to get blood in the little tube but she keep thrashing around. So we call in another nurse to take Katie and another nurse to help hold Abby down. The chicken pox booster is then administered which wasn't a huge deal. I let her calm down and put her in my lap. A nurse is helping hold Abby's arms still while the other nurse is pricking and squeezing Abby's finger to get blood. Abby is acting like we are chopping her into little pieces and finally we give up because she thrashing too much and cutting off her own circulation so no more blood is coming out. Then she stands there and screams for 5 minutes until they mention a popsicle and Voila! she is fine. So the Iron test failed but I should have known before hand that it would never have worked. Oh well...
but on a happy note, here is Abby snuggling with John. I love them!
I took this picture right after Katie started tasting this picture. Uh oh, she knows she's caught!But she still gives me a big grin!Katie loves to follow me around and chase me down.

No comments: