Family picture in front of the house (and yes we took the bow off for the blessing).
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Katie's Baby Blessing
Kathleen Rose VanDerwerken was blessed on October 9, 2011. We decided to wait until we made it to New York so she was already 3 months old by the time we got her all dressed up in white. We took family pictures before the blessing and then blessed her at the house because it was Stake Conference week. Katie doesn't do well in large groups so she cried the entire time. I had her calm but as soon as I handed her to John she started screaming. He gave her back to get calmed down which I did but again she cried when all those men were holding her. Oh well, John just plowed through it. In the circle were the following: John (Dad), Grandpa Richard Quiggle, Grandpa Mike VanDerwerken, Great-Uncle Paul VanDerwerken, Great-Uncle Jay VanDerwerken, Cousin Tyson VanDerwerken, Great-Uncle James Wilding, Good Friend Alan Stevenson and Bishop Nelson. Here is what Katie was blessed with: Strength to be able to proceed forth, an active mind, may find peace in times of trouble, look for ways to help others, she was born during a choice time, have a desire to seek an education, marry in God's Temple to a worthy priesthood holder who will provide for her, desire to have children and to grow in patience in that endeavor and any other blessing that God would have for her. It was a beautiful blessing and a wonderful time.

With Grandma and Grandpa Quiggle (my camera died so more pictures to come once I get the other pictures from a friend).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It sounds lovely. So happy for you!
She's so sweet. I love her little voice and how she talks to you.
Post a Comment