Friday, July 1, 2011

First Week as a Family of Four

This week has been surprisingly easy but busy for me. When I got home from the hospital, John got everything out of the attic for Katie. Our friends Donny and Laura were in town so they came over to visit and they helped out! The boys got the crib ready with minimal supervision while Laura entertained Abby and I fed Katie. Sunday was devoted to washing clothes, setting up the swing, organizing all things baby and making sure Abby didn't smother Katie with too much love. Abby absolutely LOVES Katie. She's constantly kissing and hugging and petting baby sister. Here are some pictures of them snuggling.






Katie loves her swing. Too bad Abby is always stopping it to kiss and love on sister.


We gave Katie her first bath and of course Abby had to be naked and right next to her the whole time. Abby then insisted she have her own bath because she wants to do the same thing as sister.



Grandma VanDerwerken is here to play with Abby and help with Katie. It's been nice to have a reinforcement in the house!

Daddy with his two girls. Abby loves to snuggle with whoever is holding Katie.

On Tuesday morning we went to the pool! Abby and John went swimming while Tina, Katie and I hungout in the shade. Katie was so cute with a huge hat on lounging around.

Abby doing pushups with John.

Laying out with Daddy

Abby is such a good big sister. She gets a diaper and wipe for me whenever it's time to change Katie. She also gets Katie's binky and a blanket for me too. I almost had Abby completely potty trained but when Katie came she wanted to wear diapers just like sister. I guess we will have to try again in a few weeks. Katie was sleepy for the first 4 days at home and always ate and went back to sleep at night. It was wonderful! Now she can't decide if she wants to be awake or asleep so it's hard when she's waking up ever 10 minutes. It's nice to know that this only lasts for a few months and then it's back to sleeping through the night. I am feeling great and am ready to continue life like normal with our new addition. I have been so blessed to have Katie be so healthy and strong, Abby be such a good sister and have John really step it up a notch helping out and taking care of our family.

2 comments:

Julie W said...

I love all the pictures! Soo sweet. it makes me think of the new primary song, God gave us families...

The Snead Family said...

sooo precious! congrats!! ive been waiting and waiting to find out when you had this little one:) LOVE her name. I love the pics too- abby sure does love her sister- it is SO fun to have an older one love the younger and help out- hope you are doing well- love you!