Katie had her two week check up on Tuesday. She weighed 6 pounds 6.5 ounces (up from 5 pounds 11 ounces when we left the hospital) and was 20 inches long. Yea!! The doctor wasn't worried about her at all and her jaundice was all gone. The only problem now is she has a cold! Abby developed a cold last Wednesday and gave it to me on Thursday. I was hoping Katie wouldn't get it but sure enough on Monday night she started coughing. The doctor said it was okay for her to have the cold but if she gets a fever of 100.4 or higher I need to call immediately. Hopefully this will pass quickly and my little one won't have any complications.
I am still trying to keep Abby from smothering Katie too much. On Wednesday I was in the kitchen making dinner when I peeked at the girls in the front room. Abby had gotten Katie out of her car seat and was carrying her across the room! Luckily she had her around the waist and not the neck but I was definitely freaked out. Let's just say Katie goes wherever I go now to ensure that doesn't happen again.
Overall Katie is a great baby! She sleeps at night and has 2-3 awake times during the day for about 1.5-2 hours each time. I have been napping while the girls nap and have been keeping up with the house work. We are getting a little stir crazy because we don't go outside much because it is so hot and I don't dare go to the store with both of them. I am excited because my mom comes tomorrow so that means we can go to the pool everyday next week! Yea for family coming to help!
Friday, July 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment