Thursday, March 26, 2009
In the Life of Abby
Abby is starting to become more consistant with her awake time and sleep time. She usually goes 4 hours between feedings and at night and 3 or more hours during the day. She loves to sleep in and wakes up around 10:30am or later for the day. Abby will "play" on the floor by herself and doesn't mind 5 minutes of tummy time here and there. She even lifts her head and pulls her knees up and tries to scoot forward but it doesn't work quite yet.
Abby likes her swing but only when she is actually tired. Dad tries to put her in it when she's not tired and she lets him know she is not interested. It's the same with her Binkie. She loves it but only when she is tired. Abby loves music and today she fell asleep to some Rihanna and Natasha Beddingfield. She also likes it when I play the piano and sing to her. I love her tummy in this picture!
Sometimes I will prop Abby up in her boppy and she likes that too. She will make noises and look around. I am so sad because she has lost some of her newborn noises already!! When Abby is ready for something new she waves her arms and makes a noise that sounds like "Muah" (it's not a cry but more of a yell like Hello?). Then she will be silent, look around and if she doesn't see you or feel your hands she will do it again. I love it! She is much more smiley now and interactive than before. She LOVES her baths with Dad and cries when we take her out. She is so snuggly and will scoot closer to you in bed so her whole body is againt yours. The only problem is she is a loud sleeper sometimes so it's better to keep her in her bed so you can actually get some sleep! She loves to stretch and makes loud noises while doing it. I can't believe my little girl is 5 weeks old already! But when I look at her she seems so much bigger and too advanced for a 5 week old. I just love everything about her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i love hearing about Abby. She sounds like a wiggly wild Texan!
I love the picture of her sleeping---it reminds of a picture of Sophia falling asleep on Uncle Paul's lap. They fly through stages don't they? Tell John that babies outgrow swings and then you really have to be clever to have free time :)
hey-im so sorry ihavent called you back- i was of course going to and then the day just got busy and crazy and i wanted to be able to have a good conversation with you-not just a 2 min..oh i gotta go take care of nolen chat...anyways i will call soon...your Abby is just too cute. i really hope that her and nolen will date one day:)
Wow, she is growing up so fast. The first year flies by and they change so much. Enjoy it all. And, I can't believe she is already in 3-6 month clothes. Eva just recently started wearing 6-9 month clothes!
I loved the costco pics you sent today! The first one was my fave.
I love the one one here too with her little tummy poking out.
Post a Comment