The month of December started off with Cali May laughing for the first time on December 1st! Her laugh is more of a "Huh" rather than a giggle and it is completely her own. It is so delicious to hear! We also did Gingerbread houses with Miguel and Julie! The girls had so much fun and it's a tradition we plan to keep!
Our beautiful finished product!
I also went snowboarding with Miguel for the first time in almost 5 years! I had so much fun and it made me remember why I love to snowboard!
Abby colored pictures for a lot of family and friends. I then stuffed the pictures in our Christmas Cards.
I just can't get enough pictures of Cali May!
We had our first snow of the season and Abby couldn't wait to get out and play in it! Little did we know that it wouldn't stop snowing until March!
Cali is such a happy girl!
Our next snowstorm dumped over 8 inches on us!
The Grinch became a permanent fixture in our house this Christmas. He even was buckled in the car seat looking at the Christmas Tree lights.
Abby is getting better at Ballet and Tap. She still throws a fit when it's time to go to dance but once she is there she enjoys it.
My sweet Cali May fell asleep in the bumbo.
We got the girls these huge lollipops while we were in Portugal and now they are finally eating it.
Abby's preschool had a Christmas concert and party. She was so excited and had so much fun!
Katie had her two and a half year checkup on the 23rd. She weighs 28 lbs. and is 35 inches tall. She is doing so well! Katie and Abby get along so nicely. They really love each other but that makes it easy for them to hurt each others feelings. If Abby doesn't want to play with Katie then Katie is so sad and cries. But it also goes the other way. Abby is also sad when Katie doesn't want to play with her and she says "Katie doesn't want to be my sister anymore." They are so silly at this age. Katie won't stop mauling Cali. She still touches her every chance she gets and doesn't listen to my pleas to stop. Cali is going to be so tough!
Katie liked to wrap herself up like a present and have us unwrap her. She is so funny.
We spent Christmas Eve in Schoharie and let the girls open one present each.
They got matching pajamas!
Abby sang a song for the talent show
On Christmas morning, the girls were so excited to come downstairs and see what Santa brought them! Mike, Tina and Jenny spent the night so they were part of the fun! Abby and Katie both got new bikes from Santa for Christmas!
The girls loved opening all their presents and showing them off.
Since there was too much snow and it was FREEZING outside, the girls rode their bikes around the kitchen.
I then hosted a Christmas breakfast and had the Newman Family and the Brimhall Family over. Doug, Charisse and Benjamin also joined us. We had French toast sticks, sausage, bacon, muffins, fruit, Farmers Strata, cinnamon rolls and drinks. It was a feast and so nice to celebrate with friends. We then went to Schoharie again for dinner.
We put the bikes in the basement for the girls to ride around until the spring. They made their own little area with pictures and decorations.
Cali had her 4 month checkup on the 30th and she is 14 lbs. 9 ounces and 25.5 inches tall. I can't believe how big my baby is getting. It seems like they go from newborn to infant so quickly. She still isn't sleeping through the night consistently but every now and then she does an 8 hour stretch. She usually wakes up once but that is doable. I love snuggling with her and feeling her little hand reach up and play with my face and collarbone when she is nursing. She still isn't rolling over but I will be more than happy if she takes her time doing everything.
For New Years Eve we stayed home and I did a balloon drop again. This time it was just Doug, Charisse and Benjamin who joined us. Abby made it to midnight but Katie fell asleep. We had so much fun and ate some delicious food and drank yummy sparkling cider. John, Abby, Katie, Cali and I had the balloons drop over us and it was so much fun. I also made videos of the girls for the future. I ask them the same questions every year and see how the answers change. Abby loved it and was able to sit still this year whereas Katie wandered off. We are looking forward to a wonderful, happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment