Friday, March 11, 2011

Colds, Backaches, and Springtime!

Last month we had so many issues. Abby got her first earache and first real cold. She was up every 30 - 60 minutes crying and grabbing her ear. Poor girl slept on me all night. Luckily she was better after a trip to the doctors and starting some yummy Amoxicillin. A week after starting the Amoxicillin she got a full body rash. Turns out that she's allergic to Penicillin. She loved the Amoxicillin so much that she cried when she couldn't have it anymore. Then, I get a cold and Abby gets another cold! This time it settles into her chest and she gets a nice cough to go with her runny nose. Luckily she has been better for the last week but she still has a bit of a cough that comes out every now and then. I get another cold as well and I'm still dealing with it. Unfortunately my ears don't want to unplug and my nose likes to have some congestion. John came down with a sore throat over a week ago and got my cold as well. Poor boy is in agony. You'd think he's never had a cold before. But here is the story to top it all:

Two weeks ago, John was carrying Abby out to the car for me one morning. She is putting up a fight and John is wrestling with her in his arms. He made a sudden movement and hurt his back. John drops Abby, she lands on her feet because she is a cat and he can't move. I take Abby over to Tina's house then come home to check on John. He has crawled back into the house and is on all fours. John can't move and is in HORRIBLE pain. So I call our friend Jeremy, who is a chiropractor, and tell him what happened. We are both laughing hysterically because I think John is a drama queen and is over reacting. 30 minutes later, we are at Jeremy's house where John finds out he popped a rib out of place in his back! His back muscles and abs have been cramping which was causing a lot of the pain. Once Jeremy popped the rib back in place, the pain subsided a bit. Unfortunately his body wanted to seize up at any sudden movements, so John had to move around like a 90 year old man all day to keep from cramping up. I played nursemaid to two babies that day since Abby was still sick. It took about 4 or 5 days for John to be able to move around like normal. Let's just say we hope that NEVER happens again!

It's been in the 70's here and we are loving it! Abby thinks it's time to go to the pool and be outside. Here she is with her swimsuit on reading a book in the laundry basket. Abby loves to read! I think she might take over her Mama. I used to lounge around in the summer reading books and laying out by the pool. I think I have my little California girl!



Abby has been loving the weeds. She has been picking flowers all over the yard. While I'm weeding, she runs around and picks the flowers off the weeds. Oh, and she is always in a skirt or dress. She is just too cute to not put lots of pictures on here!




We heard an airplane and Abby loves to look for them.


Now we are in the backyard another day but Abby wants to pick all the flowers again! Abby doesn't like to have bows in her hair. She would rather have nothing or just plain bobby pins. You can see the bobby pin in the pictures above.



Abby has become quite the musician. I can't play the piano without her taking over. I love this video of her playing and singing. I keep trying to get her to say "Bye" but she keeps saying "One More!"

3 comments:

Doug & Charisse said...

Oh no!! It's crazy that his rib popped out so suddenly! Doug's a little baby too when he's sick :).

Richard and Marianne said...

What a horrrible experience for John. Glad he is back to normal now. Abby is really so fun and ALL girl in her little dresses. She plays the piano just like Mommy and sings too. We have that Father's Day video of you playing the piano for Dad when you were 2 years old. Really fun!

The Lam Fam said...

Hey Christy! You have such a sweet family, I love reading your blog. And congratulations on another baby girl! That is so exciting! I miss you friend, hope you're doing well! :)