Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer Festivities!

Two weeks ago, John and I went with some friends to Aquapalooza on Lake Travis. It is a concert on the water with bands playing all day. The big artist was Brad Paisley. It was awesome!! We parked far away and played in the water for a few hours. Then we caught a ferry in to watch him play. There was a little space to watch on the land but then there were people in the water and on their boats watching. It was so much fun!! Here is a picture from Aquapalooza last year. This year was the biggest event with the most boats and people.


Here are the girls! Bree, Brandilynn, Nina, Christy.



Abby and I went to the pool a while ago but unfortunately she got her first sunburn! I sunscreened her everywhere but her face! I felt so bad but she didn't complain and kept trying to eat the aloe vera I put on her face.



Abby is starting to love having her hair done. She makes a fuss while I'm doing it but once I finish and show her what she looks like in the mirror, she loves it! Today I told Abby her hair was so pretty and she said "Ditty!" for pretty.


Last Saturday, John and I played in a kickball tournament! We haven't played kickball in forever and a friend of ours thought it would be fun to play just for one day. We played with a total of 5 couples and did very well! There were 13 teams in the tournament and they were all teams who have experience. We made it to the quarter finals and everyone was shocked and amazed at how well we did. We were invited to a couple of leagues. Here we are before our first game lounging and getting ready to play!


This is us after the last game! Left to right: Berretts, Brosies, Brosies, VanDerwerkens, Dentons


Here are the girls! Afton, Nina, Bree, April, Christy


After we finished, the team got together and swam. Abby loves water. She could be in the pool all day! We were packing up to leave (Abby had her onsie and shoes on) when Abby slides in to the water (in a 4 foot area) and smiles up at me while she's clinging to the edge with the water right up to her neck! That munchkin is so fast and has no fear! She gave us quite a scare!
Abby is smiling for pictures now. What a ham. Today we got home from shopping and it was sunny. Abby was playing in the driveway when a cloud passed over and it started to pour! I snapped this picture then grabbed her before she could get seriously wet.


So far Summer has been so much fun but soooooo hot! Abby loves to say Hot. When we get in the car she says "hot" or when she's about to eat her food she says "hot". What a smart little girl!

No comments: