Thursday, May 20, 2010

VanDerwerken Family Update

So it's been almost a month since I have updated my blog! I've been a slacker I know. Here are some pictures of our life. We invited some ward members and one of John's co-workers to dinner and Family Home Evening. Heidi Gonzalez was so sweet with Abby and let her sit on her lap and eat all her food. As you can see, Abby loves chips and dip! Well she actually loves to dip food into anything.






Abby's always been independent but she really wants to feed herself. Abby loved her bean and chicken burrito for dinner!






Abby is a TALKER! Abby walked around the house "talking" on the phone. It is so cute. She even pauses between sentences for replies. But when you get her on the phone with a real person, she just smiles and won't talk. To make her happy, I'll let her have the real phone for a little while. She pushes button and calls someone every once in a while. Luckily, Abby runs to me to give me the phone when she does that.



Abby is also a very dedicated piano player. She plays for at least 15 minutes a day. She absolutely loves it. Sometimes I'll hear her singing along. Her new favorite is to sit on my lap and play while I'm playing. She turns the pages in the hymnal for me and puts my hands back on the keys when I stop.




I talked John into doing a 10k with me so here is a picture of us doing the Texas Longhorn Run on April 24th. I did the Blue Bell 10k Fun Run on April 10th and there was all you can eat ice cream so I had 3 servings! That was really yummy and fun!




Abby loves to go through my drawers and put my clothes on so here she is with a bathing suit on her head. She ran all through the house wearing it. She is too cute!


Abby found my ref/coaching bag and played with the whistle. I showed her how to blow in it and she did it right away! In order to show her that I was blowing I made a noise too so you can hear her blow and make a noise while she whistles. My baby is so smart! Although she insists on using the whistle upside down!



This is when I first caught her with the whistle. Her little guilty hands are trying to cover it up.



Abby loves to play in the cupboards in the kitchen. I have cleaned out most of the breakables so she climbs in with her blankie or dog and closes the door. I can hear her talking, singing and laughing. Sometimes I'll knock on the door and she opens it to smile at me.




John is still playing sports all the time. He plays softball and basketball right now interspersed with golf and tennis. He's still a CSSS (Manager) at State Farm (has been since February if you didn't know).
I am still working at Hellas for 2 1/2 hours a day then playing with Abby the rest of the time. The High School Lacrosse season ended so I'm no longer coaching but still finding time to play every once in a while.
Abby has 5 new teeth. She got her 3rd bottom tooth May 5th and her first molar on May 6th. Since then all 3 of her other molars have made an appearance. They aren't completely in yet and it looks painful but Abby has been happy and cheerful like always. She's still independent but is starting to become more cuddly and kiss on command. She gets ridiculously jealous when John leaves/comes home from work and doesn't kiss and hug her first. Abby says the following words but not perfectly: buh bye, night night, dada, daddy, mama, bird, ball, doggie and thank you. I'm hoping to take Abby to get a haircut soon because her hair is getting so long! She looks a little shaggy so a quick clean up will look good! San Diego post soon to come...

2 comments:

Richard and Marianne said...

A lot of great events and happenings. Abby is sure cute and full of fun explorations. She definitely enjoys life! And no doubt that you two enjoy her!!

Julie W said...

Love the guilty hands on the whistle. What a nut!