Thursday, June 11, 2009
Needing Advice from Wise Ones
Okay, so John used to tell people that Abby was a hard baby and would cry a lot and was naughty when actually she was very sweet and good. Now she is a naughty baby! The last 3 nights she has been up for over 1 1/2 hours at some point and has been waking up 3 times a night for the past week. She's not hungry because it's always just 2 hours apart from each other and she used to sleep all night or wake up only once. On top of that she no longer cries herself to sleep. She will cry and cry for hours until I come get her. Poor John had to get up this morning and go to work after I let Abby cry from 5am-6:45am (she had already been fed at 3am and was wide awake wanting to play). Finally I went and got her. Three minutes into nursing her she was asleep (She wasn't hungry at all! Just wanted Mommy). This all started when she learned to roll over. Now she wakes up on her tummy all the time and can't go back to sleep. She can't roll back over onto her back so she cries and cries. I'm thinking of putting her in the carseat for the night so she can't roll over and see if that works. I don't want her to get in the habit of waking up 3 times and needing mom to put her back to sleep. John and I are exhausted and it's like having a newborn all over again! Help!! What should we do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Abby will nap on her tummy during the day. Do I just need to ride it out?
They have those cushion things that you can put a baby in between and they can roll over them. Those didn't work for us though. Wee used the miracle blanket at night for her...it basically swaddles a baby so tight that she couldn't get out of it to roll over so that really helped us a lot.
hey- you should post this or i can do it for you on my friends blog-www.mothersclub.blogspot.com
a lot of ladies have great advice there and i always find answers- also, my guess is maybe she is teething early? hopefully this is just a quirk and it will end soon?
So did you try letting her sleep in her car seat like you were thinking?
I just remembered what I did with Gavin when he would do that as a baby. I'd stick him in his high chair and let him watch Baby Einstein on "repeat play" until he fell back to sleep (and I'd sleep on the couch). Just a thought...
I hope she learns to roll back over soon for your sanity!! :)
This is Uncle Paul:
I have no sympathy for you at all. PUT THE KID IN THE OTHER BEDROOM, TURN THE FAN ON IN YOUR ROOM ON HIGH. THE KID WILL SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT, YOU WON'T HEAR HER AND BOTH OF YOU WILL BE WELL RESTED IN THE MORNING. THE TREE FALLS IN THE WOODS AND NO ONE HEARS IS FALL, DID IT MAKE A NOISE. SAME CONCEPT.
hey thanks for putting me in touch with julie! can you let her know i would like to add her to my blog, she has a private blog...and i think she needs to add me before i can log in? thanks so much christy! hope all is well with you guys!!
Post a Comment